• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get any ROMs to work

The download section of magisk only has up to v87, for up to sdk23. On xda there was an unofficial v88 that did work on sdk25, which is what did install successfully here on Android 7.1.

Iirc, there was a way to install magisk from Xposed in one of the unofficial manager nightly builds. But even so, it's download list lavked many of the add-ons that I was used to seeing on marhsmallow that also worked. Like YouTube adaway, and the module that enabled background playback for it. The former was broken per my testing, and the latter didn't show up as available to download or enable.

Upvote 0
The download section of magisk only has up to v87, for up to sdk23. On xda there was an unofficial v88 that did work on sdk25, which is what did install successfully here on Android 7.1.
Iirc, there was a way to install magisk from Xposed in one of the unofficial manager nightly builds. But even so, it's download list lavked many of the add-ons that I was used to seeing on marhsmallow that also worked. Like YouTube adaway, and the module that enabled background playback for it. The former was broken per my testing, and the latter didn't show up as available to download or enable.
that's what I'm referring to.its a hack that somewhat works but alot of modules are only built up to marshmallow and rovo never released an official yet hence why it's limited.you can't expect modules designed for earlier versions to work with nougat.obviously alots changed to make it impossible.didn't say it was fully useful but that's all we have until rovo releases an official and people start updating modules

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones