• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't get comcast mail on some aosp roms

Two_cents

May 22, 2010
this has happened to me 3 times now lately. cm7 rc1, cm7 nightly 8, and now miui... I cant get the pop3 mail to load from my comcast account... I can get my exchange server to work fine but it only seems to happen in aosp roms... anyone know of a fix or something I may be doing wrong I have even tried to do a manual input of the info and still nothing gets past checking incoming setting...

+1 to the above advice. The settings that used to work for me have changed on some of the newer roms. Try every combination of SSL/TLS you can think of and all port combos.

Also, one thing that totally hung me up was it auto input my username as xxxxx but I had to edit that to xxxxx@ ISP.com. An easy oversight that absolutely will cause a fail.

Reactions: Two_cents
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones