• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't get custom ROM to run

adriangg

Dec 17, 2011
Hey guys, so I am trying to get joneidy's ROM to work on my LG M phone. I have the zip file that he provided already in my phones sd card and the phone is backed up as well.

Now I go into ROM manager to install ROM from sd card. After this all the phone does is reboot the same standard ROM and I would have to restore all my files. Could someone point what I may be doing wrong. I have spend way too long trying to get this to work :thinking:

If im not mistaken. You download the recovery from rom manager. And pick one that says install recovery from sd card. I dont use rom manager so Im not sure. it should be in something under the clockworkmod category. If you downloaded then flashed it should work. And make sure you boot into recovery. Wipe the neccessary selections. Rom manager still doesnt have the optimus c/m Roms on there yet.

Upvote 0
If im not mistaken. You download the recovery from rom manager. And pick one that says install recovery from sd card. I dont use rom manager so Im not sure. it should be in something under the clockworkmod category. If you downloaded then flashed it should work. And make sure you boot into recovery. Wipe the neccessary selections. Rom manager still doesnt have the optimus c/m Roms on there yet.

There isn't one that says install recovery from sd card. It lets me reboot using the clockworkmod recovery (which I just did).
Also the ROM I downloaded isn't from rom manager. Its from these forums.

EDIT:

This is exactly what I am doing.
1) run ROM manager
2) go to install ROM from sd card and click on the ROM
3) click on wipe data and cache, and also dalvik cache
4)Then press OK to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery. **After this I just get the standard ROM with everything wiped (as excepted) but no new ROM :(

Upvote 0
I booted into recovery using Quick Boot and all that this did was wipe everything. I thought however that ROM manger's Flash ClockworkMod Recovery would give my custom recovery?

Im not to sure about rom manager or cwm, but to use that flash option you wouldve had to have the recovery image on your sd card if not then no go in the custom recovery. Also confirmed when you tryed the recovery option with it wiping your phone. You have to find the custom recovery image and start proccess over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones