• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't get downloads?

arnandtara

Android Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2012
Can't access downloads? I'm experienced in rooting, flashing, boot animations, and general things on a few different phones. I'm rooting this phone to see if I like it but I can't seem to "access" the download servers for other roms (xda sites).

Can't access downloads? I'm experienced in rooting, flashing, boot animations, and general things on a few different phones. I'm rooting this phone to see if I like it but I can't seem to "access" the download servers for other roms (xda sites).

Are you using the phone or a computer? On the phone you can only download files that it knows it can use. Basicaly if you are DLing an .exe it will fail. That will be true with any extension you try to DL. If it's a .zip then you could install something like ES file explorer or another zip handler and it will allow the file to be DLed.

Holla back if I'm in the wrong direction.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones