• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't get flash player

The thing is I can't see some pictures in the body emails, not attachments I have figured out how that works, but sometimes people send me things and I have to come to the computer to see the pictures. I also found some web sites can't be viewed on the tablet. I got a message saying that Chrome or Google have an old version of Flash and needs to be updated but there is no way of doing it. When searching Google I find a lot of folk have the same problem with Android Galaxy tablets. Wonder if ipads are the same. Not that I want an ipad, just wondering.
thank you,
Joan.

Upvote 0
Adobe is no longer supporting Flash for Android. Although you could probably download an edited version from somewhere over on XDA forums, and side-load it. You'll have to investigate to see if you need root to install it or not (I'm unsure either way).

Something else I just remembered; seems I recall a video on YouTube about how to install Flash on an Android cell phone. You'll have to search You Tube... I'm sure it will be easy to find.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I also found some web sites can't be viewed on the tablet. I got a message saying that Chrome or Google have an old version of Flash and needs to be updated but there is no way of doing it. When searching Google I find a lot of folk have the same problem with Android Galaxy tablets. Wonder if ipads are the same. Not that I want an ipad, just wondering.
thank you,
Joan.

If you can provide an example I can try it on the iPad in Safari and Opera.

There are certainly plenty of sites that haven't been updated since before mobile devices were common/flash was gone from them.

Upvote 0
Wonder if ipads are the same. Not that I want an ipad, just wondering.

apple/Jobs abhor flash with passion. I can't tell you the stories, but I've seen it first hand in meeting rooms. apple will never support flash officially in any shape or form and will go out of their way to prevent it from working through user work arounds.

Upvote 0
My Chrome says I have an old version of flash and to update it. I'm new to the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2, so still trying to figure it all out. Mostly it's problems with emails, so I thought it had something to do with Flash. My friend tired to send e a photo, and it didn't come as an attachment, although in the left pane I can see the paper clip. She has an ipad. I can open photos from other people but they go to my downloads folder and I have to go there to click on and open that way, but with an ipad I can't, her emails are just blank when she sends a photo. Same with a little video she took of me with her ipad, (just test). that saved to downloads but a message said cannot open file. I must be missing something so I can open the4se things. Also, her ipad is very confusing, she doesn't have an option to "attach" anything. At least with Android I have that option in email. My friend came yesterday and wse tried to figure out why I was getting none of her attachments. she has to go to her pictures folder choose one and there are some weird options at the right corner email etc. we chose email and the photo just goes into the body of the email she is sending but at my end the body of the email is blank.

Is all this because of Flash on my tablet?. thank you for the list of flash, I have looked at the link but will have to read it more carefully. I wan to install Avast anti virus but wanted to sort out this first cause I am pretty sure I will be asked to disable anti virus if I ever can get Flash. Thanks again.
Joa

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones