1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Cant get internet to work on wifi networks outside of house

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by glamgirl0201, Feb 24, 2012.

1. glamgirl0201

glamgirl0201 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Marietta,Ga
    wifi at the house works fine. its secured with a wpa/wpa2(i think thats what its called) but whenever im at school or work it shows its connected to the network but the internet doesnt work

Advertisement

2. captainbob

captainbob Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    You probably don't have the password to allow you into the Wifi system for the location you are in.

3. glamgirl0201

Mar 3, 2011
    Marietta,Ga
    No the only one that requires a password is the house one which works fine. The other 2 (at my school and job) are free for use by the public and dont require passwords

4. tomyellowblue

tomyellowblue Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Just a guess, but are you just trying to use email or some other non-browser app? Many times with free networks you have to agree to their terms and conditions before it will actually let any traffic through.

Open up a web browser and try to go somewhere (say google.com) and it will probably bring up a web page where you have to "accept" something. After that email and other apps should work fine too.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have to do this every time you join the network.

5. glamgirl0201

Mar 3, 2011
    Marietta,Ga
    No i dont think its that because i got it to connect to my school's before(i had used the some option in wifi to confige it) but ever since it wont work. i think this phone is just being weird