1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support cant get into download mode.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mosler, Feb 22, 2011.

1. mosler

mosler Newbie

My coworker put a bad fryo update on his vibrant and brought it to me to fix.

I put it in download mode... the only way i could sucessfully get it in download mode was through the sdk adb.exe "adb reboot download"

i used odin 3 v1.61 to flash back to stock. it failed. now i have the "phone ! pc" screen. i am unable to get it back to the standard download mode screen. how ever odin still sees the phone when i plug it in and will try a reflash. im currently downloading a different tar "t959uvjfd.tar" and am using the 512 pit.

Do i need to get this phone back to the normal downloading screen? if so i dont knwo what else to try. adb doesnt see the phone anymore since its not on and in dev mode.

If none of this works he has insurance on the phone but what do you say to the t-mobile rep when you have this kinda problem?

Advertisement

2. mosler

mosler Newbie

Ok the new .tar file T959UJVF was a success. it did download through odin wile the phone was on the screen thats shows the phone ! computer icons.

3. herbiced

herbiced Lurker

sound like the same issue i had, but my computer will not recognize it. the picture you saw was a form of download mode....