1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cant get into recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by disco, Sep 6, 2011.

1. disco

disco Newbie

hi, my phone wont go to recovery mode when i press volume down key and hold down power button it just turns the phone back on, but if i take out the battery it works ,any ideas please.thanks for all your help to my previous questions on the forum.KRO.
    Disco

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. saltire

saltire Android Expert

It sounds like the wrong way round - you need to press and hold the vol down key, and just press power (apols if that's already what you're trying)

disco likes this.
  3. disco

disco Newbie

thanks for your reply but thats what i have been doing.

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

How long has it been doing this? Did you make any changes before this happened? Did it ever work? before pulling the battery, does the volume button work in other situations?

info info info please, as much as you think is relevant and then some. tell us everything.

disco likes this.
  5. disco

disco Newbie

hi this as only been happening since i installed RCmix 2.0 rom .i have been trying different roms over the last few weeks .the volume up/down button works when playing music and using phone for calls.
    when the phone was on i pressed the power button and a screen with various options came up ,one of which was recovery i chose this option and it went to the screen with reboot,choose zip from sd card etc,i am thinking there is nothing wrong with phone its the way the rom works? sorry if i have not expained to well.
    many thanks

6. shauny13

shauny13 Android Expert

The screen you went to is recovery, if i am following correctly. Was it black with green writing? If so that is CWM recovery.

7. disco

disco Newbie

hi, yes that is correct ,but since i flashed rcmix 2.0 rom if i want to go back to oxygen rom when i hold down volume down button and press power button it does not go to recovery it just turns phone back on.
    thanks

8. shauny13

shauny13 Android Expert

I'd try installing quick boot or something similar from the market that let's you boot straight into recovery, see if that works????

disco likes this.
  9. disco

disco Newbie

ok will try that thanks

10. saltire

saltire Android Expert

Not tried RCMix but it might have extended Power menu with option to boot straight to recovery?

disco likes this.
  11. disco

disco Newbie

hi, yes it has and that is the way i have gone into recovery mode.the reason i was asking is i thought i had broken something by me flashing different roms and i was abit concerned.thanks for your reply.

12. saltire

saltire Android Expert

Cool

You might need to look out for a fastboot option in phone Settings menu (somewhere) on some Sense ROMs. If this is ticked phone doesn't Power Off as normal - think it enters a kind of hibernate state, always unticked it straight away when i've spotted it in Sense ROMs - so this might be what's possibly interfering with trying to get into Hboot using vol down/power button.

You think phone's powered off but it isn't so all you're actually doing is waking it up. Worth having a look, unticking this, power off, then re-try the vol down/power to get into Hboot

13. disco

disco Newbie

i think you have come up with the answer ,will try to find how to untick in settings ,many thanks for your replies.
    regards
    Disco

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews