1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't get into Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by simpler, Mar 22, 2019.

1. simpler

simpler Member

For almost a week I have not been able to get into my Yahoo Mail account AT ALL, or into either of the subaccounts I have.

NB. I have only my Samsung Galaxy S5. I also have an LG tablet but I haven't set it up yet. No full-size computer; I'm writing this message in an Internet café.

Here is what I get when I try to log into my principal accoount on my Android device:

Welcome to Yahoo Mail!
    Sign in with Yahoo.

Tap

Sign in to Yahoo Mail. Enter your email Next

(My email address)

Tap

Hello (my email) Password Sign in

(My password)

Uh-oh ... Your account needs updating. please sign in at login.yahoo.com from an desktop computer so Yahoo can guide you through the process safely and securely.

So that's exactly what I did earlier this week at an Internet café,probably this very one. But all I got was a message saying that Yahoo couldn't find the page. So here I am, about to try again.

I know that Yahoo Mail underwent an upgrade. and now all the Yahoo email accounts of the same person have the same password. Based on a page that appeared forn an instant on the screen, I know that Yahoo knows my updated password. But it won't let me in.

If the fault is with Yahoo, shouldn't there be lots of new threads saying, "Help! I can't get into Yahoo Mail!"But it seems I'm the only one with this problem.

So now I will try to log in with the big computer.

2. simpler

simpler Member

I just tried to sign in through the Internet (Firefox) and got this, same as last time:

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
    Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

advanced search
    most popular

Please try Yahoo! Help Central if you need more assistance.

Same when I signed in from Yahoo's home page.

HELP!

3. simpler

simpler Member

It's even worse. I can't get into sites connected with my Yahoo account. I can't find contact information in my Yahoo contacts.

Please, please help me.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

5. simpler

simpler Member

That is the FIRST thing I try to do when I have a problem like that.

But thanks; with the link I have more options to try.

#5 simpler, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  6. lunatic59

Is this a personal (yahoo.com) email address or is this a yahoo hosted domain email account?

Found this in Yahoo's FAQ's

Important note: If you access your business email on third-party applications using POP or IMAP, you will need to generate a new app password after updating your mailbox. This will replace any previous app passwords. An app password can be generated for iOS Mail, Android Mail, Outlook, and other programs. Learn how to generate an app password. If you are using the Yahoo Mail app, you will use your business email password, not an app password. Important: Do not enter the temporary password that is initially generated into third-party applications. Doing so will result in connection errors.

7. simpler

simpler Member

My account is a personal account, not a business account.

What's a Yahoo-hosted domain email account? Does it include att.com and the AT&T family of domains that were grandfathered in?

#7 simpler, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  8. lunatic59

A regular Yahoo email would be something like myname@yahoo.com. If, however, you registered a domain through Yahoo you could have an email like myname@mydomain.com. The second would be a Yahoo hosted domain email since they set you up with the server account. You access each type of account a little differently.

9. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Just checked, both Yahoo web and Yahoo app worked for me.

Yahoo Mail Organized Email

Yahoo Mail Organized Email Forum

com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail

Thanks for checking out the Yahoo Mail app—the best email app to organize your Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, AOL, AT&T and Yahoo mailboxes. Whether you need a clutter-free mailbox, added customization, different views for deals, receipts, and attachments, or even more storage, we’ve got you covered. Favorite features: Use any email address
Don’t make your other inboxes jelly. Add your Gmail, Outlook or AOL account and keep everything in one place. Custom settings, colors and notifications make it a breeze to keep your accounts separate. Unsubscribe
Go forth and unsubscribe from the spam and junk mail you don’t want to see in your inbox. Yahoo Mail shows all the mailing lists you're subscribed to on one screen and makes it easy to opt-out in one tap. Attachments view
Looking for that one doc from that one person? Or, a photo from brunch three Sundays ago? Don’t panic, It’s right here. See all of your photos and files attachments in one easy view. Customization
Your inbox, your vibe. Customize the bottom nav bar with the folders and views you care about most. Then, pick custom sounds, themes, swipes to add your own flavor and unboring your inbox. Travel view
Travel stress-free. This view keeps all of your flight information in one organized spot. Smart Updates, from gate changes to delays and cancellations, will instantly appear in the app, so once you check in—you can check waaaaaay out. Deals view
Expires today? Challenge accepted. See the deals from your inbox in one quick view or enable location permissions to see a map of deals near you and get notified in real-time as you walk into your favorite stores. Groceries view
Win at groceries, every time. Add your grocery store loyalty cards to save coupons that will automatically get applied at checkout. To save even more, see all the deals in your area and save them to your shopping list. People view
Only see emails from your favorite people. Ignore the robots. Receipts view
No more crumpled receipts in your pocket. Find them neatly organized in your inbox. Sounds + notifications
Choose from several categories of notifications, custom sound alerts and visual settings—so, you get the reminders you need. And none you don’t. Accessibility
Features high contrast themes, dynamic text resizing, and optimized for use with VoiceOver screen readers. Plus, folders at the bottom of the Inbox allow assistive technology users to navigate with less effort. 1000 GB storage
You can’t see your whole world without room to roam. Download the app and you’ll never have to delete memories to get your mail again. Yahoo Mail Pro
Get ad-free mail on Yahoo Mail for Android and priority customer support. + Available as an in-app purchase at $0.99/month or $9.99/year + Subscription will auto-renew each month or year within 24 hours of your renewal date + Manage or cancel your subscription via Account Settings Terms of service: https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/terms/product-atos/comms-mailadfree/index.htm Privacy policy: https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/products/mail/index.htm

READ MORE
March 20, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
100M+
Installs