• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't get mobile network to turn on

swoid

Nov 18, 2009
hi all,

i don't know if it was a settings app (Quick Settings by Sergey) from the android market that caused it, but after uninstalling that app (the only other one i use right now is the lock screen widget - which i just uninstalled), i can't turn the mobile network on. i've tried the airplane mode trick, gone into settings, soft reset, etc. any ideas in the manage applications? i'd rather not do another hard reset (had to for the google account). i called htc and they were useless - with no trouble shooting, they recommended a hard reset and to not download apps!

btw, i'm on a non-rooted phone.

thanks,
s

yeah. hybrid. all the settings are correct. i think that "settings" app messed up the mobile setting to not change. the sprint tech said to check the programs folder after connecting to a pc and delete anything that might be from the app. we'll see when i get home...
thanks for the help. i just thought there was something in the applications manager that could have fixed it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones