• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant get my Droid to Turn on... please help

IntegraGuy

Lurker
May 19, 2011
Hello, been looking online for the past 2 days for an answer on this. Have a droid which had some moisture built up in the screen. It was still working, the droid never was submerged in water or any fluid. Now it will not turn on.

I have the Verizon Motorola Droid a855. Has the slide out keyboard. I can plug it in and see the white light is on telling me its getting power when I plug in the charger. But nothing is coming up on my screen. I tried doing a hard reset by pressing the power and X button.

Is this by chance a problem with my screen? or the motherboard? It hasnt been dropped and the Red X's are still on the water damage indicator by the battery.

Thanks, sorry if this is posted in wrong area. I am new,

Hello, been looking online for the past 2 days for an answer on this. Have a droid which had some moisture built up in the screen. It was still working, the droid never was submerged in water or any fluid. Now it will not turn on.

I have the Verizon Motorola Droid a855. Has the slide out keyboard. I can plug it in and see the white light is on telling me its getting power when I plug in the charger. But nothing is coming up on my screen. I tried doing a hard reset by pressing the power and X button.

Is this by chance a problem with my screen? or the motherboard? It hasnt been dropped and the Red X's are still on the water damage indicator by the battery.

Thanks, sorry if this is posted in wrong area. I am new,

Welcome to the forums,

Pull the battery and stick it in rice for a day or more and see if that takes or the residual moisture

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones