1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

cant get nandroid to work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hockeyfreakb4, Jan 11, 2010.

1. hockeyfreakb4

hockeyfreakb4 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    im trying to use droid root help but it wont work for some reason. i go through the whole process and reboot into recovery but i have to nandroid sub menu and i still have the standard recovery img. i got my droid today and it updated to 2.0.1 and im just trying to get nandroid working so i can backup and get the multitouch browser. if you had a good tutorial on that id like that too. thanks!

Advertisement

2. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
  3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    I'll help you with the nandroid recovery when I get home from work ... if someone hasn't helped you by then. Have you combed thru Sholes.info?

His post refers to creating a nandroid backup (surf Sholes) of your entire DROID. With all due respect, I'm trying to figure out what a multi-touch browser has to do with any of that? :thinking:

4. DroidSloth

Nov 11, 2009
    Sorry, confused too when I came back to this, thought I put it on the wrong thread. I saw that he mentions trying to get a multi-touch browser, thought maybe I'd make a recommendation that is easier than rooting/flashing if that is the only goal. Sorry to confuse folks.

5. hockeyfreakb4

Dec 27, 2009
    thats the guide i was following but i can never get the submenu for nandroid in recovery. i update to 2.0.1 yesterday could it be a newer version that the 99b.1 flash doesnt work on?

6. hockeyfreakb4

Dec 27, 2009
    ok. i might pm you later if i cant get it working.

7. hockeyfreakb4

Dec 27, 2009
    also, does anyone have a WORKING link for the multitouch browser porter over from the milestone because every guide says link removed or has a link the alldroid and that doesnt exist anymore.

8. DroidSloth

Nov 11, 2009
    reboot your phone into recovery > backup/restore. NANDROID backup (simple) is a option in the "backup/restore" submenu. It is still there in the 99b.1 recovery that I did yesterday.

9. hockeyfreakb4

Dec 27, 2009
    the root helper link there is broken could you help me out and maybe upload the one you used?

10. budyser

budyser New Member

Jan 11, 2010