1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't Get New Market on Wildfire S Virgin

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MIKE153, Dec 25, 2011.

1. MIKE153

MIKE153 Member

Hey guys I would like to know how long it takes for my Wildfire S to get the new market. I do not want to install the new apk. If possible I would just like to force update it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF! :)

There is no way to force install unless you want to use the apk file that's floating about unfortunately.

MIKE153 likes this.
  3. sarahtuthill

sarahtuthill Lurker

Hi just got a new htc wildfire and it wont connect to wifi it just keeps saying cannot scan network and keeps turning on and off any ideas

4. MIKE153

MIKE153 Member

I'm sorry El Presidente I did not word that right. I meant is there a way to force update it. If you know of a way that would be greatly apprecieated. Sarah I've never heard of a phone doing that. I would try manually entering the networks name and passwwrd into the settings.

5. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

AS far as I know the only way you can get the newest version of the market is by downloading and installing that apk. I don't think you can force it to update as of yet. That may be possible at some point in the future.

MIKE153 and El Presidente like this.
  6. MIKE153

MIKE153 Member

I just contacted HTC and they told me this.

I understand you are interested in updating Android Market on your device. I know how important it is to have this feature updated and I will be happy to assist you. You may check for Google updates by dialing *#*#checkin#*#* (*#*#2432446#*#*) in the phone application, you do not need to press send. This will check the server for the update. You will receive a message saying the checkin was successful. Once this is complete, open the Market for 5-10 minutes. If the Market still does not update, you would need to contact Android Market support by going to Contacting Support - Android Market Help. You would need to get in contact with Android Market Support due to HTC having no way to push any updates for the Android Market.

This did not work. So I contacted Android Market. Apparently they have had many people contact them with this problem. They have a team of engineers working with HTC to get the problem resolved. If you have this problem call Android Market. They will give your name and email to the engineers. When they resolve the problem they will email you wuth the resolution.

El Presidente likes this.
  7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

If you don't want to wait, there is no issue in installing the apk. I got bored of waiting for HTC updates and install via apk each time a new on comes out.

I totally understand your reservations, but there's minimal to no danger and you can uninstall if you don't like it. :)

8. MIKE153

MIKE153 Member

I decided not to wait and found the apk at Redmondpie. I installed it on my phone and it worked perfectly. The version is 3.4.4. Is that the latest verssion of market?

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews