1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't get Notification bar to go away

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Duchess08, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Duchess08

Duchess08 Lurker

Soooo I did the latest update a few days ago. Every since that I can't get my navigation bar at the bottom of my phone to disappear. Before there was a little dot that would make it stay or hide on the left side of the navigation bar. Now that the dot is gone the bar stays up. So annoying when I am trying to watch a movie!! Please Help!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Pop into your Settings page, then find Display and finally Navigation Bar. You will find all the options you need in there @Duchess08

You might be happy to know you can fully hide the nav bar now and still have it fully functional. This for me is an outstanding feature. :D

Attached Files:

Dannydet and PitCarver like this.
  3. Duchess08

Duchess08 Lurker

@Jay2001 I tried that and it makes it smaller but it doesn't go completely away. So annoying. I also stopped by the Sprint store and they couldn't figure it out either. I am wondering if it is a bug in the update...

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

There's no bug it was intentionally removed because Google made Pie go gestures so immersive mode changed. You just missed a setting when you turned on the gesture features. Go to settings>display>navigation bar>full screen gestures>turn that on>scroll down further because when full screen gestures are on, new options appear>turn off gesture hints.

The dot was removed. It's sort of redundant to have to swipe up then press when you can have just swipe.
    Feedback requests have people requesting it back because they can't handle change. We'll still have to see if they bring it back.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews