• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get past Fastboot USB

Visual Guy

Lurker
Oct 5, 2011
Hope someone can help with this. I attempted to root my Hero with a one click root process (Hero Root by regaw). When I restarted the phone, it froze on the HTC screen. It won't go any further. I can get into Fastboot USB, but the phone is not recogized with android-sdk adb devices. I did try to drop a recovery image directly onto the sk card, but again, I can't get adb devices to even recognize the phone is connected. I've reinstalled the phone drivers also. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? I'm hoping I didn't brick my phone :(

Edit: I can get the phone recognized via sdk flashboot devices, but I don't know where to go from there. Sigh.

If your in fastboot them you should be able to flash a recovery image through fastbootand them flash the ROM of your choice. You need to download fastboot and the recovery image. Put the recovery image in the same folder as fastboot. Then open command prompt, go the the fastboot directory and type

fastboot flash recovery yourrecoveryname.img

Make sure you change the yourrecoveryname.img with the actual file name of the image. Them enable USB mounting in recovery mode and copy the ROM to your sdcard and them flash it. It will be starting fresh. But your phone will be functional again. And rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones