• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get past the Google Login screen! (No data plan)

So I decided to try and root my mytouch3G, and I downgraded to 1.5. I then tried to get past the google login nonsense, because I don't have a data plan but it doesn't let you skip it like it did on version 1.6. It doesn't prompt me to connect via wifi either.

I found a link to bypass it.

G1 logon to google via wifi - CyanogenMod Wiki

I followed the instructions but I'm having a problem installing the USB drivers from the Android SDK. (step 2, #6 and #7 in that link). it said "Your drivers are already up to date." so it can't install SDK's drivers.

So I went to gpedit.msc > computer configuration > administrative templates > system > device installation > subfolder "device installation restrictions"

Then, i ENABLED the "Prevent Installation of Devices not described by other policy settings" , did a reboot. (just like the link told me to), tried to install the drivers from SDK again and i STILL get the same message: "Your drivers are already up to date."

:mad:

How can I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones