• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant get past the orange start up window

There isn't a reset. You can upgrade to the latest release from ZTE. You'll find the update tool here: UK - ZTE Corporation (assuming you're in th UK)
Connect your phone via USB to your PC. The phone has to be in FTM mode. NOTE: You will lose everything on the phone, this will be wipe and start again.

Sounds to me though that the phone is faulty. It could be faulty software. But I wouldn't waste my time with it. Send it back.

Reactions: louise123
Upvote 0
Hey there, I've had the same problem as above. I used the link and downloaded the handset software update tool. I put my phone into FTM mode and ran the updater. however I get the following information:

Scanned the handset information successfully
Model: ((its blank here))
Format: Unknown
Version: OUK_P736VV1.0.0B03

Failed in detecting latest version
This mobile phone cannot be supported to update currently, thanks for your use.

--------------------------

am I using the right tool? thanks in advance!!

Upvote 0
I ended up here yesterday looking for a fix to the same problem - with a 10 month old San Francisco II - after a dance between Orange and ZTE call centres I was directed to the zteuk.co.uk site, where there are download links for the driver update tool.

The first run through, I got the same problem as RedG - phone not known and no chance to update software. After closing the updater and running it a few more times it suddenly decided it need to go and get an update - the updater update process failed, so I retried that a few times until it finally succeeded.

Finally, the updated-updater recognised the phone and went and downloaded new firmware and began to update the phone itself. Of course, that process failed at first, but trying a second time succeeded - and finally, unbelievably - the phone rebooted! All data gone of course, but at least the phone is no longer a brick.

BTW, I think the key to getting the updater to try to update itself was closing it properly so it no longer appeared in the task tray, otherwise I think it sits there looking for the phone and not restarting and checking its own status.

So the summary if you have this problem - grab the software updater, and keep trying until it succeeds!

Hope this helps someone...
Iain

Hey there, I've had the same problem as above. I used the link and downloaded the handset software update tool. I put my phone into FTM mode and ran the updater. however I get the following information:

Scanned the handset information successfully
Model: ((its blank here))
Format: Unknown
Version: OUK_P736VV1.0.0B03

Failed in detecting latest version
This mobile phone cannot be supported to update currently, thanks for your use.

--------------------------

am I using the right tool? thanks in advance!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones