• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant get PSX4Droid to run

Ive tried and tried and tried but i cannot get any roms to run. Ive tried .PBP through Eboot, ive done many .bins and .img.....

Ive tried about 5 games from different sites and even ripped my own from a old PSX disk and all it does is go to a black screen then back to the rom selection screen. Ive downloaded 3 different bios files to see if i had a bad one.

If someone could be a awesome help, can you send me the link you used thats working, or host the bios file to see if thats my problem.

This is driving me crazy and since that stupid error when processing purchase, im not elgible for a return.... im running Droid1, 2.2 Cyanogenmod RC2 @ 1.1ghz

I believe it is your ROM...I same thing happened to me when I was using Gingerbread Oxygen...then, the emulator starting working when I changed my ROM OpenDesire.

Upvote 0
I'm new to the psx4droid but after having read a few guides on how to convert bin files and drag and drop from computer to phone i went to market and download androzip. its a winrar for droid. download psx4droid version 3 and either "emulator roms" or "rom buddy psx" second one is four bucks but it has ten times as many games. download the games and then click on the notification. after it has unzipped go to the rom file and unzip it again. if it doesn't work then, then it is a compatibility issue and you will need to download the conversion pack, just search how to get psx4droid to run and click on the step by step guide. But every game has worked for me so far. the bios file is scph1001.bin and you can just google it. didnt read this whole thread but figured having a winrar substitute on your phone was something people generally overlook.

Upvote 0
Ive had psx4droid for a very long time. I use t torrent and download my games. I was playing final fantasy VIII on disk two. I woke up one morning had an update for my phone. I updated. Went to work. And pulled up psx4droid. It came on everything is running smooth but there is no picture. I have sound and control but no picture. I can hear my character moving on screen and the music is playing but it a a black screen!!! What do I do? Also I have a snes9x with a usb snes controller. It worked flawlessly until the update also. It does not detect the X Y L or R buttons l.. which it did before the update.

Upvote 0
First of all ease of with ROM and BIOS sites as it is considered piracy... SO if you don't want this topic deleted better edit all those posts...

As for psx4droid as far as I know dev abandoned the development of that software... Instead we have 2 other emulators that run most games almost perfect... ePSXe and FPse :v Yeah those two are much better and not that expensive :v

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones