• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get rid of Google message to change back to Samsung (for texts)

lynxstch

Lurker
Sep 25, 2022
We have 2 day old phones, an S22+ and a S22. This morning the text icon changed. Used to be the one with 3 horizontal dots. Then it looked like a cloud shaped one. I got mine to change back by changing it to default. We tried to do it with my husbands and even though it shows Samsung message as the default, the icon that is showing is still the Google one (at least we think that's what it is). He tried disabling the Google one in apps, all that did was make the whole message icon disappear. How do we get rid of the new one and go back to the old one on his?
Thanks in advance

We have 2 day old phones, an S22+ and a S22. This morning the text icon changed. Used to be the one with 3 horizontal dots. Then it looked like a cloud shaped one. I got mine to change back by changing it to default. We tried to do it with my husbands and even though it shows Samsung message as the default, the icon that is showing is still the Google one (at least we think that's what it is). He tried disabling the Google one in apps, all that did was make the whole message icon disappear. How do we get rid of the new one and go back to the old one on his?
Thanks in advance
where is this icon showing up? in the notification bar? on your homescreen? in your app drawer?

if the icon is on your homescreen, you can just long press and move it towards the top where it says remove. you can then add the samsung message app by going to the app drawer and long press it and move to the homescreen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones