1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Can't get rid of SMS popup window

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jraggio, Dec 20, 2009.

1. jraggio

jraggio Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Not sure which app or setting is causing this, but I'd like to get rid of it. When I get an SMS a pop-up is displayed, like:

Sender Name

message text

[auto response with busy message]
    [reply][dismiss]

I have no idea what is causing it and would like to disable it. I had Handcent SMS installed, but uninstalled it. It had a pop-up, but a different one.

I also have Missed Call installed, but do not have SMS configured, nor do I think it even has an option for pop-windows like this anyway.

Please help! Do you guys see this pop-up when getting an SMS?

Thanks,
    John

Advertisement

2. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Are you using an app called SMS-popup?

3. jraggio

Nov 7, 2009
    No, I'm not. That did show up as I googled about this though and its popup is slightly different. Is this perhaps a new feature of the 2.0.1 update? I did not see anything in the stock messaging app setting regarding a popup window. This is really bugging me now. It's not a big deal and frankly most things with a phone aren't, but it is just challenging me now.

John

4. jraggio

Nov 7, 2009
    Found the culprit! I googled for the longer button text in quotes and found "[auto response with busy message" pointing to an app that I tried out called Contacts Blast. I forgot I even installed it. Now I'm off to uninstall or at least turn off the window.

Contacts Blast – New Features Droidmatic

The app is kind of neat, BTW. Has some cool features including being able to send mail to a google mail group easily.

John