1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't get rid of Voicemail Pending..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Poweranimals, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Android Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2011
    It says the voicemail cannot be downloaded so I had to check it via mailbox. I deleted the message but the icon will not go away. I tried shutting off the phone and turning it back on but it keeps popping up again. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Advertisement

2. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Try finding it in settings, applications, manage applications, all. Find the listing there, open it up, and clear user data. That may reset it and get it usable again.

3. Poweranimals

Apr 28, 2011
    It finally just downloaded the message after I went into Task Manager and ended all programs. You think that would've happened automatically when I turned off my phone.

4. simcha

simcha Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    Male
    Employed
    Oakland, CA
    Yes, this is yet another frustrating bug that shows up occasionally on both of the Epics I've owned. It's yet another nail in the coffin for this phone as far as I'm concerned. Messages should be downloaded and cleared automatically without any human intervention. Smart phones that work properly can handle this task seamlessly. But the Epic can't seem to manage it. I can't wait to dump this phone.

5. Poweranimals

Apr 28, 2011
    Well it was rather annoying, but no phone is without its problems. Overall though, it's a great phone. I'd probably complain the biggest issue is battery life, but it seems from what I've heard that none of the other smartphones are any better.

6. doc8406

doc8406 Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    I upgraded to rooted Gingerbread two days ago and then yesterday started with the same problem which is described above. The directions to clear this message certainly worked, but when I did a test to see if it's fixed, I definitely still have the same issue. For the interim, I've started to use Phonefusion Voicemail app, but I would like to have the stock app actually operable. Anyone have an idea what caused this problem??