1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cant get Samsung S2 16gig UK Vodafone to update vid Kies....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wolfenstein82, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

It says when kies loads up that my phone is not supported for a firmware update??? The phone is brand new i'm on vodafone UK i've checked the region code and set it to XEU this is really annoying now the firmware i have at the moment is
    Andriod 2.3.5

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

anyone please help?

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Is this the original firmware?

Enter *#1234# in the dialer keypad and post the three lines displayed, please.

4. Itch

Itch Newbie

You seem to be having similar problems to me except I'm stuck on 2.3.3 on a sim free device...

5. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

yes its a new phone i've not changed anything

PDA - I9100XXKI3

PHONE - I9100XXKI3

CSC - I9100OXAK13

6. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Hmm, that's odd because OXA is a Polish firmware code. You mentioned setting the region code to XEU - where exactly did you do this?

7. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

*#272*IMEI# by using that key and finding the XUE online in a list for all regions

8. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I don't think that will work, as the firmware is still identifying itself as OXA by the CSC.

9. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

So what can i do then to get the latest firmware, i've factory restored the phone now and reinstalled kies but it still says the same that its unable to upgrade through kies

10. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Go straight back to Vodafone with your phone and ask (demand nicely) for a brand new replacement. Don't forget your paperwork and be civil at all times.Clearly there its something wrong here, was the phones box complete with an undamaged security sticker ? Or was it presented to you by a salesperson ass they unboxed It to show you ?

Make sure when you take it ba ck that you understand what Slug has said, better still show them this thread.

11. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

12. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

I am unfamiliar with them. I presume you purchased a Vodafone contact with them and got the phone for 'free' with it. If this is the case they have given you a generic Polish handset with a Vodafone SIM. Only by going to Vodafone direct are you likely to get a Vodafone branded phone. I don't think, although I'm totally unsure, you have any comeback with them. The phone works, is working but is obviously not a Vodafone branded item.

I think you'll have to wait until ICS is available for your code visa Kies, or void your warranty by rooting and flashing yourself.

13. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

'The item has been removed' is what I get when I click your link.

14. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

No i had an iphone 4 which i was well unhappy with to be honest, so i sold my iphone 4 and bought the new handset myself. Any idea when ICS will be available? thanks for the quick reply

15. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

No problem, although I have work to do.

No idea when ICS will be available via Kies I'm afraid. It is totally your choice whether you flash or root it. Personally my Vodafone SGSII was rooted and flashed before I made a call on it, but that's just me. A warranty may be more important to you, which is understandable.

If you do decide to root and flash it, please read up on it all you can, although not difficult to do it is advisable to be totally sure you know what your doing. This forum is a positive gold mine of information and you won't be jumped on for being a total novice if you have any questions. We all were new at this and are all on or own learning curves still.

16. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Excuse my typing, Swype is not ideal !

17. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

Brand new - Boxed. (please note the seal is opened to unlock the handset and check content only)
    24 month Samsung UK warranty. Proof of purchase provided. - this validates the warranty
    Unlocked T-Mobile handset - unlocked to work on all networks. No logos on the handset, T-Mobile firmware.
    Next working day: Every effort will be made to despatch the item on the same day via Royal mail next day special delivery if payment is cleared before 3pm. see feedback
    my mobile text only 07535008008

18. Itch

Itch Newbie

19. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

That description is incorrect. No way was that ever a T-Mobile handset, not with OXA firmware onboard.

The 4.0.3 update for the OXA firmware has been released, but changing the region code will prevent it installing. Try changing it back to the original code.

dynomot likes this.
  20. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

The original code was KOR i have changed it back and its not made a difference.

21. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

Can i change the code then? there is a list of them shall i try them all lol:bawling:

22. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I'll be honest and admit that I don't know. Perhaps somebody else has experience of doing this?

23. Wolfenstein82

Wolfenstein82 Newbie

Can anybody shed some light on this? with the csc code issues?

24. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Judging from the above, the company that sold you this phone appear to be flashing the generic, OXA, firmware to T-Mobile handsets so that they are available to use on all networks.

However, this initial flash, by them, means that you cannot update your handset via Kies. The only way that you could do this would be if you restored the original firmware that was on the handset, probably T-Mobile if the above is to be believed.

This practice, by some vendors, of flashing generic codes to carrier branded phones in an attempt to broaden their market is only now coming to light as people are finding out that they cannot upgrade via Kies.

Your only options, I'm afraid, are to:-

1. Approach the company from whom you purchased your phone and explain the difficulties you have encountered by their, "unlocking".

2. Flash the ICS firmware of your choice via Odin.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews