1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Can't get Service on CM 10

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by liekkronoa, Jul 28, 2013.

1. liekkronoa

liekkronoa Lurker

I've got BZ's CM 10 and I can't get it to get service. I've tried using the modified F Kernel and Game Theory's Freedom both while re-installing c-modem and still nothing. Funny thing is when I factory the phone, it'll get service every time like that. I something just not catching after the first boot or am I SOL? Sometimes after a couple resets it would work, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Advertisement

2. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert

Service as in 4g?

3. liekkronoa

liekkronoa Lurker

No, though I am aware it doesn't display 4G. I'm talking about any service at all. Wifi works fine, but I can't get any cellular service period. 0 bars.

4. XjokiX7

XjokiX7 Newbie

Try turning airplane mode on then off.

5. Swainsmith82

If you're on an older build of bobZ go into network settings and check Lte/cdma/evdo. Try toggling airplane mode as he said, or try dialing *228 and update your roaming list.

6. Zephyr101

Zephyr101 Android Enthusiast

This happened to me, what I had to do was just factory reset and it fixed it.
    But you CANNOT restore data from a backup, then it just gives you the same issue.
    All you can do is factory reset and then start over, sorry this happened to you.
    But a least it's fixable :]

7. JennyJuarez

JennyJuarez Newbie

Yea i dont get service too, i even tried the ##626* thing and no menu pops up.

8. Swainsmith82

There's not a hidden menu installed on cm10

9. JennyJuarez

JennyJuarez Newbie

:p i should really read things.

10. Swainsmith82

It's all good I think if you pull the hidden menu apps from stock you can install them into the system of cm10. Im going to have to try this so I can have them manually reprogram my sh!t. Been getting terribly slow data speeds at night on stock, cm10 or whatever rom since the complete of the T-Metro merger.

11. Swainsmith82

Doesn't work, I think there might be something that has to be added to the build prop but I'm too lazy to mess with it right now I'll look later.

12. SwoRNLeaDejZ

SwoRNLeaDejZ Android Expert

Sometimes right when you install any CM10 version, Airplane Mode will incorrectly display as "ON" when it is really "OFF", toggling airplane mode will fix this issue. Happened to me twice.. really dumb.