1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cant get swype OR slideit?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by spikeithard, Sep 25, 2011.

1. spikeithard

spikeithard Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Male
    London Ontario Canada
    Hey, I had the swype beta and liked it. I am used to it. Dont want to go back to regular keypad.

Anyways all of a sudden last night swype said I needed the latest download. Ok, I have done this before. I went to swype installer and it said I needed latest. Ok, got the latest but it kept saying I still need the latest. couldnt figure out how to update swype (not swype installer). so I uninstalled both swype and installer... start fresh. got swype installer no problem then when I tried to get the apk file and open it, it said something about a parch problem and couldnt open.

SOOO, I tried slideit. Started with the trial version. I installed it fine but when I went to use it, first letter I touched to 'slide' it said my trial was over! haha that was the fastest trial I have ever seen!!! so I said what the heck, who cares about 6 bucks to get the full version because I NEED a keyboard fast. I bought it but it kept saying 'authorizing purchase' and wouldnt finish.. so I refunded. tried again and same thing.

How do you get around this problem and also where can you check to see if anything want debited from my visa from my google account in the market?

thanks a ton guys! hugs

Advertisement

2. kwalla

kwalla Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Have you tried restarting your phone or even pulling the battery and then reinstalling Swype? Have you been able to install other apps? Sounds like it could just be a glitch in processing the installs.