1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't go back to the main screen from settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fargas111, Jan 11, 2012.

1. fargas111

fargas111 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I got the latest update for my HTC Desire HD, and installed a few apps. One of them being a custom lock screen.

I also added widgets to the 6 main screens.

All was going well until a few days ago, when I couldn't use the back button to go from the Settings / Phone / People menus to the main screen.

Using the back button jsut toggles the screen between these three menus.

I have to press the home button to go to the home screen. and I do, the HTC logo with the white screen appears, and the screen loads for 10 seconds or so before I get to the main screen.

Also some of the widgets don't work anymore, like the To Do List. Whenever I add an item, it reverts to the Settings menu and the added item isn't saved.

Same for received messages, when I choose to read the message from the icon i put on the main menu, it opens a bit and then goes to the settings / Phone / People menu. I have to go to the messages from the applications menu to be able to read it.

Anyone encoutered this kind fo problem before?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. ivicakc

ivicakc Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 12, 2011
    Male
    Croatia
    your sense is stop working or something is wrong whit sense..i have have this problem too but now is ok..it's say sense stop working and force close,but after half min everything was fine.

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Try a battery reboot by turning off phone, taking out the battery for a minute then putting back in and turning on phone.