• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant hear any received or dialed calls

Nemesis128

Aug 18, 2010
Hi,

Recently, for no reason apparent to me, my HTC Desire is making no sound whatsoever when I receive or make a call.
I can hear calls if I have the speaker on or if I have a headset plugged in. I also have no problem listening to music through the speaker or headphones.

My phone is a black orange branded HTC Desire running the 2.1 software. I am using the 3 network.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. I have the call volume turned up to maximum before anyone suggests and I have done two factory resets yet the problem still persists.

If that's what HTC have suggested then you can only return to mfr for repair and wait 14 days for it to come back fixed and cleaned (or a refurbished replacement)

You could raise hell with the retailer/network who sold you the phone. If you've not had it long (say less than 6 months) I'd be tempted to argue the toss with them that it's clearly not fit for purpose and you have lost faith that it will last 2 years, and demand a replacement handset, either the same model (if they say it's not normal for this to happen) or a different one (if they say things like "we're aware of this handset going wrong"). In either case a refurb handset would be the equivalent to what you've already got.

UK law does allow the retailer to offer repair rather than replacement beyond a reasonable time (I think it's 30 days) but it's basically down to their discretion and customer service policy at the end of the day. They should either compensate you for the trouble (e.g. T-Mobile offered to credit my account with

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones