1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can't ImportFacebook Contacts in CM7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rolltidedad, Jul 25, 2011.

1. rolltidedad

rolltidedad Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    I just installed CM7, and I would like to view all of my Facebook contacts.

When I had sense installed, I had several hundred contacts with phone numbers in my contact list, and almost all had pictures. Now I have only 55 with very few pictures.

Suggestions?

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    have you opened facebook yet? if not,open FB,sign in,then under settings put the dot next to sync all. let FB sync.

a few minutes after that any contact you had with the same name(wich is the key) will be automagically joined and the google contact will use the FB pic as an id pic.

i assume youve synced your contacts allready,and all your google contacts have been restored to the phone? if youre missing some(or all :eek:) you might need to restore your previous backup(dont forget to make a cm7 backup) and make sure the ones missing didnt accidently get created as "phone contacts" rather than google contacts. once youve changed any that you find to have been created this way,force a sync of contacts with google,then wipe and restore your cm7 backup.

if end up going back to a sense backup,while youre there you might want to make sure you get a solid gps lock with 7 or more satelites with gps status,or a location lock of 8m or less in maps if you want your gps to work in cm7 :)