• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant install apps...Package signature not valid

db2u

Jul 28, 2011
NEVERMIND!!! the obvious thing to do after reading what I typed is uninstall appbrain. did this rebooted and have installed 2 apps now without issue. Sorry for the junk post, mods delete this if you wish, this has nothing to do with being rooted or on a custom rom.

running velocity 1.1 and obviously rooted.

Not sure if this is something I screwed up somehow, but every app I try to install fails, and says something to the effect that the Package signature is not valid.

Was working fine, new market was installed and it worked fine, then it quit working. I downloaded appbrain market and tried to update some apps through that and it was the first time I noticed this happening. dont see how that would affect that though since all the updating and downloading seems to use android market app

It seems like I can install one app after I reboot, and then all subsequent installs fail until I reboot again.

Any Ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones