1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can't install google app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chris2020, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Chris2020

Chris2020 Lurker

Ok please try to stay with me. I purchased this phone for my son, he can't read yet and I am wanting to have the phone read (in voice) his text messages so he can hear them. When I try to launch assistant it tells me to update my google app to use your assistant so I go to the play store and I see install so I touch that , it begins to download, then I see installing (But I see ! Similar app already installed, google go: A lighter faster way to search), then I get the error can't install. I have deleted the cache in google play store. I am at a total loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

which google app are we talking about? can you post a screenshot of the error? or when you try to launch google assistant?

MrJavi likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

A Coolpad, did you buy this phone online and imported it from China? Could be there's something messed-up in the firmware, and it needs to be updated by Coolpad.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  4. Sounds like an Android Go device.

Yup it has Go edition so possibly won't install the full app. I don't know too much but almost bought a Nokia 1.3 with Go so no full maps and stripped down Google apps if I understand. The device mentions Go so its unlikely to download what you want but I defer to more knowledgeable members.

puppykickr, MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  5. MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Being a Go device could very well mean that the full app won't download onto it.

That does not mean that it is a bad device, however.

The Go OS is very effecient and allows a low end phone to have much more capability than devices of the same caliber of not long ago.

Look and see if there are other apps that provide text to speech service that will work on the device.

#6 puppykickr, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    ocnbrze likes this.

Coolpad 3310A Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews