• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't install HTC Sync

atistang

Dec 1, 2009
I want to root my hero. problem is i can't install htc sync

I'm using xp64 bit and it tells me my operating system is not adequate

on windows 7 i get it to install, but it won't recognize my phone

I've tried downloading different versions and it does the same thing

help

There are numerous threads on this subject, do a search and you will find plenty of results.

As far as XP64, why are you even running that? There are numerous vendors that flat-out will not write drivers for XP64, but will for all other versions including Vista 64 and Win 7.

As far as Win 7, HTC does not offer support for that or Vista 64, but there are workarounds that some people have been lucky enough to get to work.

As far as rooting, sync is not required at all to root the phone. It can be done manually or by using Fresh or Modaco's kitchens.

Upvote 0
There are numerous threads on this subject, do a search and you will find plenty of results.

As far as XP64, why are you even running that? There are numerous vendors that flat-out will not write drivers for XP64, but will for all other versions including Vista 64 and Win 7.

As far as Win 7, HTC does not offer support for that or Vista 64, but there are workarounds that some people have been lucky enough to get to work.

As far as rooting, sync is not required at all to root the phone. It can be done manually or by using Fresh or Modaco's kitchens.
hmm, i must not be understanding the root process correctly then

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It could be a Win 7 problem.

Once you load Pre-Kitchen .2 on your pc it should all be simple from there. Are you mounting your card first? If so, don't.

Run the auto-root without Google, then after rebooting run it again "with Google" selected. It will take you through the same steps, reboot and you should be good to go.

If you are still having problems I will get someone on here who has more knowledge than I do.

Upvote 0
It could be a Win 7 problem.

Once you load Pre-Kitchen .2 on your pc it should all be simple from there. Are you mounting your card first? If so, don't.

Run the auto-root without Google, then after rebooting run it again "with Google" selected. It will take you through the same steps, reboot and you should be good to go.

If you are still having problems I will get someone on here who has more knowledge than I do.
thats what i did, and i tried that in xp

i did put a different sd card in here, is auto root looking for my original sd card file?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones