1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cant install or update anything. think i have a virus?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by incarnate, Dec 14, 2013.

1. incarnate

incarnate Lurker

every time i go to update something or install something, it tells me (after the download) that i have insufficient space to install. but i have almost a gig on my internal storage free and at least 10 gigs on my sd. i am rooted with the chinese one click vroot at ROOT and it used to use that chinese su to update, and i had to allow installations from 3rd parties to do so, and now i cant find how to uncheck that option anywhere. i think i have a virus, trojan, or something that is preventing installs and updates, probably to keep any new definition updates for antivirus from being able to find it.

if theres anyone who knows a solid way to handle a problem like this, please help! thanks a million!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LoopyD

LoopyD Android Enthusiast

This is just a hunch . I am unsure if it will work, but all apps have a odex file. When I deleted Timely manually (it's an an alarm clock app) me I failed to delete the odex file, so when I went to reinstall, Google play was saying insufficient space even though I had about 800 megabytes left . Use a root Explorer and find the app folder on the root of the internal memory. Look for apps that have just an odex file, or an app without an odex file.

Make a backup in 2nd init recovery. You should be able to place a backup on the external SD card with no problems.

Download root Explorer

Click Mount R/W then navigate to /data/app

See if there are any stray odex files without a matching apk.

incarnate likes this.
  3. incarnate

incarnate Lurker

well i didnt have a problem downloading and installing root browser, surprisingly. (i have the paid version i just havent used it because i have rom toolbox pro which has a root browser in it too) but the data file just had apk's no odex's, and i dont seem to be able to find any odex files in the data/data files, so im not sure if this is what the problem is. it seems there are certain apps i can update, like hdr camera, but it wont let me update avast, maps, or any other system apps. not to mention the ota update from v10b to v10d which wont work because im rooted (i get the little andy on his back with a red triangle whenever i try it and then i have to pull the battery out) and ive tried manually doing that with LG mobile support tool with much wasted time to no avail... but thats another issue, im not sure if that has anything to do with it. but thanks for your input. any other ideas?

4. LoopyD

LoopyD Android Enthusiast

Try clearing Google Plays cache and as much other cache files, then reboot your phone. I also recommend getting an app that let's you clean the Davik and cache partition. I believe but I'm not sure... Correct me if I'm wrong, you should be able to clear the cache in the 2nd init recovery. You obviously can't flash toms, but I know backup is possible.

Start with google play cache and all other caches. I Menu button-System-Apps-app name-clesr cache.

Reboot your phone into 2nd init, clean cache and Davik. Reboot system.

Phone will run slow until the cache is restored. You may see "Please wait, android system s updsting" or something similar. No upgrades, it's just rebuilding.

Tested. It works or at least clearing dalvik and cache partition works. If you have a big external SD card it will take some time to rescan.

LG Optimus L9 Forum

The LG Optimus L9 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 2150mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews