• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't install TiKL on my mom's iPhone 3gs, because of "fragmentation"!

IOWA

Mr. Logic Pants
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
So yeah, almost my whole family has Android phones now (thanks to me ^^) and I go to try and install TiKL on my mothers iPhone 3gs. Well no dice, becuase it only works on iOS 4.0+.

So whoa whoa waait just a minute here. Is this the fragmentation Steve Jobs warned us about that is going to kill Android?

Jobs: 7-inch Tablets DOA; Android is fragmented, not open - SlashGear

Oh right, yeah it was!

Looks like he needs to worry about whats in his house (or maybe that antenna issue never would have happened, eh? ) before pointing fingers at others.

Yeah, there are a lot of apps that only work with the most current iOS, but most people just blindly update when iTunes tells them to. But for the jailbreak guys, it's a pain in the ass. I had my 3Gs jailbroken on 3.0.1 for quite a while, but there got to be so many apps I wanted to install that needed 3.1.x or higher to run that it eventually got frustrating, and that's when I updated to jailbroken 3.1.3. Did that just before iOS4 came out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones