1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Can't install Z4root.1.3.0 on my Ideos X5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmacg, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jmacg

jmacg New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I have the Z4root file waiting on my SD card and my phone is set to install from 'Unknown sources'. Whenever I try to install Z4root, using Astro, I get the message "There is a problem parsing the package."

I've tried the installation file downloaded from different sources, in case I had one that was corrupt. Same result every time. Any ideas out there?

Advertisement

2. nu2andy

nu2andy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Porirua. New Zealand
    Hi jmacg, is this the procedure you followed?

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]D[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]ownload [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Z4Root[/FONT][FONT=&quot].apk [/FONT][FONT=&quot]here[/FONT][FONT=&quot], extract and save it on your PC.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Connect your phone to the PC.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Copy the downloaded file ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Z4root[/FONT][FONT=&quot].apk) to the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]root[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of SD cart.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]DownloadD Astro Manager at the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Android[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Market.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Run the application by following instructions on the screen.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]install[/FONT][FONT=&quot] process, press the icon Z4root.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]After the above process is complete, press the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]root[/FONT][FONT=&quot] on your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Android[/FONT][FONT=&quot] phone, wait until the process is complete.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Reboot your phone.[/FONT]
    The links won't work as this is a copy of the info. Neil.

3. jmacg

jmacg New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Andy - thanks for your help - I appreciate it. It's a bit academic now, because I've just upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus, which I'm running Jelly Bean on.

I see you come from NZ too. I can highly recommend the Nexus, which is available from a number of parallel importers. I got mine from Expert Infotech for about NZ$510 inc courier. That's almost exactly the same as I paid 2degrees a year ago for my Ideos X5. The Nexus is hugely better.