• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't install Z4root.1.3.0 on my Ideos X5

jmacg

Lurker
Nov 4, 2011
I have the Z4root file waiting on my SD card and my phone is set to install from 'Unknown sources'. Whenever I try to install Z4root, using Astro, I get the message "There is a problem parsing the package."

I've tried the installation file downloaded from different sources, in case I had one that was corrupt. Same result every time. Any ideas out there?

Hi jmacg, is this the procedure you followed?

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]D[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]ownload [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Z4Root[/FONT][FONT=&quot].apk [/FONT][FONT=&quot]here[/FONT][FONT=&quot], extract and save it on your PC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Connect your phone to the PC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Copy the downloaded file ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Z4root[/FONT][FONT=&quot].apk) to the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]root[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of SD cart.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]DownloadD Astro Manager at the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Android[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Market.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Run the application by following instructions on the screen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]install[/FONT][FONT=&quot] process, press the icon Z4root.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]After the above process is complete, press the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]root[/FONT][FONT=&quot] on your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Android[/FONT][FONT=&quot] phone, wait until the process is complete.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Reboot your phone.[/FONT]
The links won't work as this is a copy of the info. Neil.

Upvote 0
Andy - thanks for your help - I appreciate it. It's a bit academic now, because I've just upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus, which I'm running Jelly Bean on.

I see you come from NZ too. I can highly recommend the Nexus, which is available from a number of parallel importers. I got mine from Expert Infotech for about NZ$510 inc courier. That's almost exactly the same as I paid 2degrees a year ago for my Ideos X5. The Nexus is hugely better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones