• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't link one Facebook friend

I added a new person to my contacts list on my phone. I also have this person on Facebook. I've got all my other contacts that I have on Facebook linked up. But for some reason, it won't find this one person so I can't link them together. I click the link button and it brings up the Facebook icon so I click that and search for the person in the Facebook friends list it brings up, but he is not there, even though I definitely have him as a friend on Facebook. It is only doing it with this one contact. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :D

Log out of face book and log back in.
I had this when I was stock and face book would not update added friends when added on the phone.
Hope this helps

Hi, I logged out of Facebook on the Facebook app. Then I quit the app and logged back in. I then went to Settings>Accounts & Sync> Facebook for HTC Sense and made sure it was syncing my news feed and my contacts, which it was. I performed a manual sync there and then. After that, I went into People, found the problematic contact, and the same thing was happening. The green "1" that usually comes up in the top right corner when a possible Facebook match has been found wasn't there, but I clicked the link button anyway to find him manually from my Facebook friends, but once again, he wasn't there.

Any other suggestions? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones