1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't link one Facebook friend

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ipodgeenie, Nov 24, 2011.

1. ipodgeenie

ipodgeenie Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    I added a new person to my contacts list on my phone. I also have this person on Facebook. I've got all my other contacts that I have on Facebook linked up. But for some reason, it won't find this one person so I can't link them together. I click the link button and it brings up the Facebook icon so I click that and search for the person in the Facebook friends list it brings up, but he is not there, even though I definitely have him as a friend on Facebook. It is only doing it with this one contact. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :D

Advertisement

2. Paul8944

Paul8944 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Quantity Surveyor
    Southampton
    Log out of face book and log back in.
    I had this when I was stock and face book would not update added friends when added on the phone.
    Hope this helps

3. ipodgeenie

ipodgeenie Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Hi, I logged out of Facebook on the Facebook app. Then I quit the app and logged back in. I then went to Settings>Accounts & Sync> Facebook for HTC Sense and made sure it was syncing my news feed and my contacts, which it was. I performed a manual sync there and then. After that, I went into People, found the problematic contact, and the same thing was happening. The green "1" that usually comes up in the top right corner when a possible Facebook match has been found wasn't there, but I clicked the link button anyway to find him manually from my Facebook friends, but once again, he wasn't there.

Any other suggestions? :)

4. Paul8944

Paul8944 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Quantity Surveyor
    Southampton
    The only other thing I can suggest is uninstall the app (or update) then reinstall. Other than that I have no ideas

5. Darkat70

Darkat70 Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Im Running Gingervillain 3.3 and Friendcaster facebook app latest release, but i have the issue of every reboot i have to add account in the sync settings, also 1 friend then wont sync i have to manually go into contacts, edit contact, then join users to sync him. Annoying.

Tags: