• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't load Yahoo Mail after Froyo OTA. Help!!!

Pooh434

Apr 20, 2010
After receiving the official OTA 2.2 update, my yahoo mail doesn't work. I got the low space warning three days after the update, so I deleted the HTC Mail accounts to start over since it had gotten to over 100MB. It loaded my msn just fine, but said that it couldn't authenticate my yahoo. I thought my PW was wrong, so I used the laptop to get a new PW, and confirmed it by logging into it on the laptop and again at work on the desktop. I went to add the new yahoo mail account to the phone, and I'm still getting the authentification failure message. Can someone please help! Yes, I still use yahoo for less important mail/notifications. LOL :eek:

First try logging in to your Yahoo mail on your computer. Before you log out, try logging in on your phone. You may have to download the Yahoo mail app from the Market. If this doesn't work, you will need to add the Yahoo mail account again manually. Select IMAP type, and use the settings found at this link:

Setting up IMAP on your mobile device | The New Mobile Yahoo! Mail Experience Help

I was having the same authentication problem, and this solution worked. Good Luck!

Reactions: kovi
Upvote 0
First try logging in to your Yahoo mail on your computer. Before you log out, try logging in on your phone. You may have to download the Yahoo mail app from the Market. If this doesn't work, you will need to add the Yahoo mail account again manually. Select IMAP type, and use the settings found at this link:

Setting up IMAP on your mobile device | The New Mobile Yahoo! Mail Experience Help

I was having the same authentication problem, and this solution worked. Good Luck!

It worked... Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones