• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't make a backup?

purrpledank

Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
So i've spent a fair amount of time reading all that I can about rooting before I actually decided to do it, but hit an unforeseen wall. I read about both the manual way and the instructional videos on youtube and decided to go with the videos. I rooted fine, and was in the process of doing a nandroid backup with DroidRootHelper. So I downloaded and extracted the Tools folder and I thought everything was pretty straightforward until I realized that the instructions in this video YouTube - Motorola DROID - How to Create a Nandroid Backup - Part 1 are for DroidRootHelper v8.0 and apparently the app has been updated to v9.0 in the past couple days, so the menu is different and the instructions are quite confusing i think.

I also read that most roms like cyanogenmod block the 2.1 OTA updates automatically, but I am not yet running a rom because I haven't been able to make a backup. what if i get the update?

most links seem to point me to rootyourdroid.info which isn't accessible. i'm obviously very new to this and i suppose i'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction from here.. a different backup method perhaps? I'm still searching, but I'm kind of stuck already.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones