1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cant make calls since update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by corporal_Canada, Apr 22, 2021.

1. corporal_Canada

since the latest update, i cant seem to call my mother... i hear the sound of beginning a phone call but no ringing.... but, i can receive calls... and i can call my voicemail....

and the OK google thing is off...

thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Can you call other numbers?

If so, what is different about your mother's number, and can you phone other numbers of the same type/carrier/area code? If you can narrow the scope of the problem and identify what type of number it applies to that will help identify the cause.

Have you tried the other "generic" fixes: reboot phone, wipe the phone app's cache, boot into recovery and clear the cache partition (if the phone has one)?

Was this a major version update or just a security patch (or a bit of carrier bloatware being added)? The ultimate resort if the problem was caused by an update (we don't know yet, correlation is not causation) is to back up your data and factory reset the phone. Over the air updates that don't erase anything are by definition "dirty", and there's always a small risk that some data on your phone somewhere will be incompatible with the new software, so a reset is always worth a try when things misbehave after an update. However it's also a pain, so I'd always try to identify the root cause first if possible.

Final thought: have you spoken to your service provider, just to check that there's nothing wrong with their systems?

(That's all I can think of at the moment).

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i would at least make a call to your provider as suggested by @Hadron

Dannydet likes this.
  4. corporal_Canada

nevermind, my mom simply changed phone companies, i apologize for making a pointless thread

Hadron and ocnbrze like this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

LOL at least that was an easy solution.....nothing pointless here. glad you got it worked out.

Hadron likes this.
  6. DaviFlody

DaviFlody Lurker

It's okay, man.