1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can't make calls to verizon users after rooting EVO to fresh

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eddie_g87, Jan 10, 2012.

1. eddie_g87

eddie_g87 Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    My phone was working perfectly for a couple of months and all of a sudden everytime I try to call any of my buddies who are with Verizon, it rings like twice and sounds like a busy dial tone. I can make calls to other Sprint users, haven't tried TMobile. Is this some sort of antenna update I have to do? I already tried different ROMS and a reset on the phone and nothing : /

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. nolimit06

nolimit06 Well-Known Member
    None

Try updating your PRI/PRL and wipe you cache/dalvik-cache and try again. Never heard of this before as I have several friends and family on Verizon and have never had a issue. You can update your radios if you would like, some notice a improvment and other notice no difference. Make sure your battery is at least 50% full before flashing them because if you pull the battery or your phone dies during this process you will brick your phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715485

ocnbrze and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. eddie_g87

eddie_g87 Lurker
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    What does it mean " May require reflashing the kernel afterwards " on the link you gave me? I'm already downloading the combo ( first one of the list ) , but I've never played around with the Kernel

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    You shouldn't have to worry about that unless you flashed a custom kernel if your on a stock kernel you should be fine.

ocnbrze and Rxpert83 like this.
  5. nolimit06

nolimit06 Well-Known Member
    None

If you are running the kernel that came with your rom you should be fine, this applies to people that have flashed another kernel with their rom of choice.

6. theTrashcanMan

theTrashcanMan Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Downtown to hell
    What part of the country are you in? Just fyi sprint apparently has some major tower down in Jacksonville, FL and its causing a lot of problems. I'm getting network busy and call errors and I'm in Tallahassee, so the problem seems to be pretty far reaching. They have no eta for a fix, so for right now we have very spotty service. :(

Tags: