1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't make calls with Google Voice app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Shifted, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Shifted

Shifted Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    It was working perfectly (except an occasional sync issue) until I did a software update on my phone (Xperia X10 Mini Pro) to Droid 2.1 update 1, kernel 2.6.29, Build 2.1.1.A.0.6

The update wiped my phone clean, so I had to install the newest version of GV, however I also tried 0.3.4 and 0.4.2.8, 0.3.2 froze every time I tiried to use it, I'm assuming issues with the droid version. In addition the newest build force closes when trying to add a contact from the GV app.

Now whenever I try to make the call through GV it will call straight from my phone number, not through GV. I tried asking for every call and using GV for every call. I verified this by checking my placed call log with GV. The only way for me to make calls through GV mobile is to log in to my account through the phone's browser and manually call the number through the browser.

Is anyone else having this issue, or has found a solution for the issue, other than trying to go back to the previous Droid version I was running?

TIA,
    Shifted

Advertisement

2. Shifted

Shifted Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Bump... Any advice or experience with this problem?

3. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Between Imladris and Lothl
    I can't think of a reason for your phone doing this but I do have an idea on how to debug it. Google Voice has a widget which can control whether dialing causes the call to come from: GV, normal number, international or always ask. Add it to one of your home screens and then repeatedly click the second from right button, paying attention to the text below it. That should allow you to change the behavior to whichever you prefer.

4. Shifted

Shifted Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    I've got the widget, and both on ask every time and all calls through GV it just dials from my phone instead of through GV

5. Shifted

Shifted Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Bump... Anyone else have any experience/advice?