1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cant make calls??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brackett5, May 29, 2011.

1. brackett5

brackett5 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Ok, so I went in last night after work and traded in my TB for a new Samsung Charge. Everything seemes to be in working order. The text messaging worked fine, the browsing, email....etc. I didnt even think about making a call right away. I went on a mission to find a case for it which I decided to hold off on till tues so I went home and went to make my first call and......nothing. It placed the call and the other person answered (didnt confirm till i had to use my sons phone) but it was a complete DEAD silence. I couldnt even hear it ring. The person on the other end heard the exact same thing. I would of loved to come on here and talk about how much I love this phone compaired to the TB, but right now......I cant even do the most basic of functions. The kicker is that I cant get it back to the store til Monday. Anyone else have this problem or a fix for it. It also keeps asking for the update but I want to eventually root. Should I update to see if that fixes the problem???

Advertisement

2. lisa4labz

lisa4labz Newbie
    None

May 28, 2011
    I would update it or better yet, call tech support and they can probably resolve the issue (that's if you have access to another phone). Before I left the store they did the update for me. If you root the phone will that void out anything if you go to return it?

3. brackett5

brackett5 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    yeah I already did the update and it didnt work. Called Tech support and they told me to take it in. GGGGRrrrrrr