• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant make CWM backup. Problem backing up /data image?

There is plenty of space. From what I've gathered so far the only fix is to reformat
yeah... seems like it. try using titanium backup to back up all your apps. and whatever else you feel you need to save. then factory reset (clean to install new ROM). (if you just format /data, it will format the internal sdcard as well.) wait... if you do that it formats your /system partition as well.. guess you'd have to reflash your ROM as well. man... i wish we had twrp... and i wish I had the knowledge to do it myself... ugh.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Just wanted to say i eventually figured out my "Low storage" notification, as well as the not being able to backup /data in recovery. I had to reformat the ext-sd(sdcard0 i think). It started being corrupt badd. I couldn't even install a couple apps without low memory. And i had the Simplicity ROM on my sdcard1 so i just rebooted into recovery. Formatted the internalSD thats built into the phone then immediately flashed Simplicity ROM while i was still in recovery. It installed and rebooted and it was fine. Just a heads up as i was passing by the forums

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones