1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't make or receive calls when in 4g lte

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kentuckydee, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Kentuckydee

Kentuckydee Lurker

Okay, so I bought a lg g4 h635c international phone and it does have the bands for lte in the US. When I go to the hidden menu to select the band it will tell me success and show 4g at the top. When I try making a call, it automatically tells me "call ended". What is the issue? I have racked my brain off and can't figure out why its doing this. My husband has the same phone and his does this too, so I know its not a network issue. Is there specific settings my phone should be on. I am using Straight Talk and with the sim inserted it automatically connects to hspa +.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

I can get band 4, and I get the 4G notice on the notification bar - except it has a tail added. Using LTE Discovery, I am on Band 4. I automatically get band 4 if I let the phone select. I have an unlocked phone with the NA bands. I can get the non-LTE bands by selecting the 2,3 G options. The phone will pick up HSPA GSM then.

My phone also includes Band 17 (700) That's an ATT band, and I'm with TMobile. TMobile uses Band 12 for 700.
    Verizon is different again. Sprint has a different system yet. You have to check your phone against whoever's service you are using. Straight Talk is an ATT MNVO. You should check with them or a Straight Talk dealer.

3. Kentuckydee

Kentuckydee Lurker

I use band 4 because that is what AT&T uses, along with 2 and 17, and I have all those. Its just when I go into 4g lte mode, my web and texting is fine just can't make calls