• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't make or receive calls

So I have a i605. It was working fine yesterday until the battery died and I plugged it in to charge. Now, I can connect to the Internet and text, but I can't make calls. It always says dialing. When someone calls me, it goes straight to voice mail as if my phone was turned off.

I have tried factory resetting it, and still have same issue. I went to Verizon and they gave me a new sim card, still same issue. I read somewhere that someone else was having this issue and they were going to replace the antenna, the sim card slot, and the radio. I have looked on the Internet for a schematic of the phone and can't find anthing.

Don't most antennas have the radio built in? If not, why can't I find the radio listed under parts for sale on most sites that deal with replacement parts? Is it listed under something other than radio?

Anyone else have this issue and can offer some insight or device.

thanks!

Same issue here. No calls/txt. Data works fine, 8/9 mbps on speedtest. Changed SIM card and rolled down to stock 4.1.1 no help. Update to stock 4.1.2 using KIES - nothing.Tried stock 4.3 also didn't work. One thing for sure, signal is very weak, one/two grey bars. I can only assume that internal antenna got disconnected from antenna board or main board, or the board itself got damaged somehow. The parts(board and antenna) is like 10 bucks on ebay and I don't have to take the whole thing apart, just remove it from plastic housing. Will keep posting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones