1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can't make outgoing Bluetooth calls because of Google Voice

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by New Member, Jul 27, 2013.

1. New Member

New Member Newbie
    None

Apr 20, 2013
    I am unable to make outgoing calls on while driving because my phone prompts me if I want to use Google Voice for the call. Since I am unable to unlock my phone-screen while driving and make the selection, it doesn't bother placing the call.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Or go I have to enable/disable Google Voice every time I get in and out of my car?

Advertisement

2. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2012
    Male
    California
    Not positive this works, but next time you make a call, can't you select "Phone" or "Google Voice" and then select "Always" so that it won't ask you again?

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

What phone do you have?

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

If you make some calls with GV and some through your carrier number you can install an app like Voice Choice to automate the process. I've used that in the past and it works like a charm. Or Google Voice Callback (that's on Amazon, no longer on Play but the apk is all over the webs too). I use this app and it just works. It's all automated and some calls use GV and some don't. Bonus with this app, for me anyway, is that I have my GV number added to my VRZ Friends and Family so outgoing calls are free (it calls you back using your GV number).
    Bottom line with those two apps is that you don't have to select anything and they do all the work after you set them up.

Crashdamage likes this.