• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't mount Huawei Ascend

I recently bought an Huawei Ascend. I loved the phone until about a week ago. It stopped answering calls and instead would display a message saying "com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly" or something to that affect and than it would hang up on whom ever called. I decided that the only thing to do was to reset the phone to factory settings. It worked and I could now receive calls but now my phone won't mount on my computer. (I own both a Mac running OSX and a PC running Windows 7) It doesn't show up at all on my Mac and the PC won't allow me to access it at all. The phone had been rooted for about a month and had worked perfectly until a week ago. This all happened quite suddenly. I backed up my files but can't access them as my phone won't mount.

I didn't know if I should post this here or in rooted questions. I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Anyone have any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones