1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't mount my SD card in Disk Mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MusicJunkie, Dec 23, 2011.

1. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Android Expert

Ever since I flashed SensationXL I can't mount my sd card in disk mode while the phone is on and plugged into my computer. I can do it from recovery but I want to do it while my phone is turned on. Any suggestions or fixes? I'm running MikG v3.00 now

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

What is the exact error your getting? and does it work fine under recovery or seem sluggish? If its fine under recovery it doesnt sound like a problem with the card to me. Have you cleaned cache and dalvic?

there is a usb mounter on the market I just don't know the name of it. You could try that and see if it works

3. MusicJunkie

I was trying to see the error now it won't even connect to my PC. It's not the card because it works fine in recovery and when I physically remove it from the card and put it in my computer. Yes, I've done that several times.

EDIT: the phone "mounted" and it said there was an I/O error?

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

ok I/O is input output error. wish it would give you more than that. try to run checkdisk on the card itself. it could have a file system error that recovery is bypassing somehow. doubt it but doesnt hurt to check. hopefully andy or one of them will come in and tell you the name of the mounter I've looked through threads but can't seem to find it.

If you continue to have problems with it try to wipe cache / dalvic and then reflash the ROM maybe that will work

MusicJunkie likes this.
  5. MusicJunkie

I ended up just going back to CM7 and it works while the phone is on. It might be the ROM? I'm not sure.

6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

you can also use a program called AirDroid it doesn't use the usb and allows you to connect to your phone from a web browser on your computer.

Well if CM7 works for ya Guess that maybe the best route to go. definately sounds like something with the ROM though.

7. MusicJunkie

And just to think I really liked the ROM too. Had it for two whole days without switching, lol.

8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I'm pretty sure most of the 3.5 ROMS have issues mounting SD card. You can use an app from the market to work around this problem though.

9. MusicJunkie

OKAY! So I finally got it to working without having to download anything extra. I flashed CM7 because I knew it was the most stable AOSP rom. Set it up, blah blah blah, and I restored my nandroid from using the SENSE rom. After I booted it up I put it in disk mode (connected to the PC) and it works now. The SensationXL rom obviously has a problem with disk mounting and it carried over into other SENSE roms, my assumption.

dustwun77 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews