• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't mount rezound to pc

I was having the same problem with 2 of the four computers that I normally use. One is my home laptop one is my home desktop and to two are desktops that I use at work. My laptop and one of my work PC's were taking more than 5 minutes for the drives to show up and on the other two they show up in less that 15 seconds. No amount of tweaking or reinstalling drivers made a difference. I bought a new cable to use for my work PC and then it was just as fast as the other two but it made zero difference on my home laptop which was the slowest one.
That was until I installed the ICS RUU. Now the all of the computers pop up the drives really quickly. I thought for sure that it had to be USB driver related or something in the PC software but then that doesn't explain why the new cable fixed the problem on my work PC. I hope I haven't just added confusion to this topic but I figured it may ring a bell for someone.

Upvote 0
I'm having a few problems with mine as well.. I don't even have an option when I plug in my phone to select mount.. I get charge only, internet connection mode, HTC sync & internet pass through as my only options.. I am going to post another thread on this but I did have issues rooting etc.. Right now I'm on ICS S-On Slim 1.6..

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem with 2 of the four computers that I normally use. One is my home laptop one is my home desktop and to two are desktops that I use at work. My laptop and one of my work PC's were taking more than 5 minutes for the drives to show up and on the other two they show up in less that 15 seconds. No amount of tweaking or reinstalling drivers made a difference. I bought a new cable to use for my work PC and then it was just as fast as the other two but it made zero difference on my home laptop which was the slowest one.
That was until I installed the ICS RUU. Now the all of the computers pop up the drives really quickly. I thought for sure that it had to be USB driver related or something in the PC software but then that doesn't explain why the new cable fixed the problem on my work PC. I hope I haven't just added confusion to this topic but I figured it may ring a bell for someone.

Can you provide link for the ICS RUU so I can give that a try?

Upvote 0
I have mine connected to my laptop via USB cable and am not getting the option to mount to the computer. There is no USB icon in the top pull down menu, it's only charging. I have my settings so that it should ask me every time I plug into a computer whether I want to mount or just charge but it's not asking me.

I usually play Pandora for music, but I would really like to add some music files onto my phone so I can make some new ringtones and create some running playlists. Any ideas??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones