• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't Mount SD: Assistance/Help pls.

sobra

Sep 1, 2011
Hi Guys,

I recently flashed my Triumph with:
[ROM]Miui RePortaled V.2.0

& did the following mod:
(MOD) 108 Triumph Tweaks (CM7 & MIUI) -Hollyname Edition- (V2) 4.16.2012)

I then started noticing problems with my phone (touchscreen acting funny) so I decided to delete the 108Triumphtweaks2 file from the directory and rebooted my phone. I then noticed that my phone no longer detects the SD card. I went into CWM and tried to flash back to my previous rom, but it also no longer detects an SD card.

What I want to do is flash back to stock using ADB or some other method if possible. Is there a walk-through for this specific for the triumph? I have the triumph drivers installed, and am currently trying to use QtADB

Any help please. :D

Hi Guys,

I recently flashed my Triumph with:
[ROM]Miui RePortaled V.2.0

& did the following mod:
(MOD) 108 Triumph Tweaks (CM7 & MIUI) -Hollyname Edition- (V2) 4.16.2012)

I then started noticing problems with my phone (touchscreen acting funny) so I decided to delete the 108Triumphtweaks2 file from the directory and rebooted my phone. I then noticed that my phone no longer detects the SD card. I went into CWM and tried to flash back to my previous rom, but it also no longer detects an SD card.

What I want to do is flash back to stock using ADB or some other method if possible. Is there a walk-through for this specific for the triumph? I have the triumph drivers installed, and am currently trying to use QtADB

Any help please. :D

I'm not sure if there is a method to do so but my assumption would be that you would have to use adb to replace all the files that installing a Rom zip installs

If you can do this you would have to replace the system folder with the Stock Roms system folder and somehow replace the boot.img (kernel)

But IMO it would be awhole lot easier to request a replacement from VM

Upvote 0
I would if I could, but I don't have an adapter on my PC. I did however try another SD card on my phone and my SD card on another phone. The card is fine, but my phone started acting up after the mods. If only I can undo this without and SD card.. bleh!

Try putting the mods back in through adb and see if that fixes the sd card if that works I'd recommend changing Roms or fresh installing without the mods

Reactions: sobra
Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. I just tried it, but no luck with my SD card. Do you know of a way to flash a rom with CWM without an SD card?

Not that i know of I believe someone else in another thread had a similar problem where their SD card wouldn't read and they couldn't get back to stock in the end they just requested a replacement from VM calling it a hardware issue

Upvote 0
Not that i know of I believe someone else in another thread had a similar problem where their SD card wouldn't read and they couldn't get back to stock in the end they just requested a replacement from VM calling it a hardware issue

Yeah, I saw that thread. What sucks is, I just got this replacement a couple of days ago. My last one's usb port came loose. I should have stuck with the previous rom I was already happy with. But noooooooo.. I decided, why not try something else. :(

I'm sure there has to be a way to flash back to stock using ADB. Don't you think?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would if my phone read the SD cards. :)

What I would do is "Call VM and tell them that the phone that they sent me won't read SD Cards and that i want a replacement....." if they ask you to do factory reset or they try to trouble shoot with you tell them another Rep already tried and that and they were supposed to transfer you (to tech support) but that the phone hung up..... or something like that basically just tell them to get you a replacement Triumph

Upvote 0
The mobile partition doesn't contain the "system/rom", it is located in a partition in an extended partition on the phone. If you made a backup using dd_rescue you can just restore that partition. This is VERY dangerous, but if you can get into download mode and have a Linux box, and are comfortable with maybe bricking your phone, I can help you get it back.

Reactions: sobra
Upvote 0
I would if my phone read the SD cards. :)

yea these sd card issues seem rare and only like a handful of devices have it happen

probly wont help you but heres another suggestion

1.turn phone off, nothing plugged in
2. remove battery and sd while phones off
3. wait 1 minutes
4.put sd and battery back(make sure sd card has writting faceing you and its in straight and snug
5. if you can boot into the OS or just CWM recovery, i believe they both have an area with options where you can Remount sd card, or Unmount/Remount
6. see if preparing sd card pops up on notification, or if the sd works now

** an sd reader is a very good investment, and has personally helped me a ton lol

to me personally it seems like your phone sd card reader is either A. Shot or B. Didnt properly release the Sd card at somepoint so its not properly remounting it now

Upvote 0
I once had a similar problem but in my case like a dumb ars unplugged my phone before turning off storage mode. Was however able to fix things by formating the card with an adapter.

Also have you tried taking the battery out for an hour or two? I ask because my Triumph from the beginning has had some temporary issues that went away after doing this. Even before being rooted one week my Wi-Fi just stopped turning on altogether and then on top of that later in the same week I plugged into my computer and at the exact moment I plugged in the USB my computer turned to the blue screen of death and my Triumph rebooted. After it rebooted I no longer had a working USB port. I ended up taking the battery out until I could call VM because I could not charge my phone. The next day when I put the battery back in both my wifi and USB port had been working again.

Otherwise I’m sorry if the script had anything to do with the issue. I’m not sure how it could have done anything like this though. I am currently using it with the same Rom and as of this morning it has been downloaded over 800 times in total and have not as of yet heard about it doing anything along these lines.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones