1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support cant move apps on homescreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nrstate, Aug 16, 2011.

1. nrstate

nrstate Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    LG Optimus V app problem....when i try to move my apps on any of the home screens they just go back to where they were before and if i try to move one....anyone at all ...to the bottom of the screen it puts it in the trash....also when i turn off the phone and turn it back on....there are apps on the homescreen that i moved to the trash already and duplicate apps.....id appreciate any help at all.....i just uninstalled an app and its still on my homescreen when you press it it has a message that it not installed....when you long press it it does nothing and i cant move....restsrted the phone and its still there it just wont go away

Advertisement

2. mackinley

mackinley Newbie
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    I've had the same problem! I cannot describe how unbelievably frustrating it is! this is an extremely simple function, and an absolute necessity, its not like some luxury feature isn't working. This is mandatory!

****ers need to fix this!

3. nrstate

nrstate Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Yeah it sux...but i found a way around it....longpress on the place you want to put an app then add a shortcut there.....

4. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Switch to GO Launcher. Easily move apps from screen to screen, or to dock (if a blank space is open).

5. DaManWitDaPlan

DaManWitDaPlan Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Male
    Video game developer
    Kentucky
    This is a bug with the optimus v, but it's easily fixed. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > All, and then force close the launcher. Press home, and then everything should work again.

frjack and aaps like this.
  6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    I don't have this issue on mine. I just longpress the app on the desktop shortcut till I feel it vibrate, then I slowly drag it to where i want it on the screen. Works perfectly.

If you are going to uninstall an app that currently has a shortcut/widget on the screen, you need to remove it from the screen first. Then uninstall it.

Tags: