1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't move apps to sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shdwmac, Sep 20, 2011.

1. shdwmac

shdwmac Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    I've downloaded two different apps 2 sd card apps so far (App2SD and App 2 SD Pro) and I can't get either of them to move the apps over. It brings up a list of what can be moved, then I select the app I want moved and it loads the Total, Application and Data info and then I hit "move to sd card" and it greys out the button like it's moving it and then it just comes back alive to "move to sd card". Then the kicker is sometimes the size data info has changed. If I move to sd card again it will change the size info again....but it always stays on the phones memory and not moving to the sd card. Please help!! There was another thread just like this back at the begining of August but nobody replied. I would love to free up space on my phone, any help will be appreciated. :)

Advertisement

2. shdwmac

shdwmac Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Nevermind...I rebooted the phone and now it's working. Strange....

3. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Just speaking for myself, but maybe you didn't get any responses is because not many people have found a need to move apps to their sd card. I already have more apps than I need installed and I still have 645mb free, so I'm in no hurry to free up any space.

4. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Just out of curiosity - you say you would love to free up space on your phone; what do you have installed in your device where you need to free up internal space? I have over 80 apps installed, and I'm nowhere near full (645mb free).

5. shdwmac

shdwmac Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Nothing in particular, I moved apps to sd on my last phone and was just something I was going to do on this phone and it wasn't working properly. I wasn't the one that posted this problem before, somebody else did, so I'm not the only that has tried to do this. I had a problem trying to get this phone to do something that I wanted it / it should do (whether anybody thinks it's needs to be done or not isnt' the point, you could argue the same point on task killers) so I posted in this support forum in search of help. I rebooted, it fixed itself, my apps on are my sd card like I wanted and it's not a big deal. :)